I had the opportunity to have a virtual sit-down with Don Rossom as a guest on his podcast. Don and I discussed my personal story of overcoming the fear of speaking and being in the spotlight. Once I conquered that, another curve-ball, (AKA COVID-19) made me, and the rest of us pivot AGAIN! So now you’re telling me I can’t be on a stage but I have to record myself on video?
Stress, anxiety, and rejection all these things hinder how we deal with risks and overcoming obstacles. Have a listen of this enlightening and entertaining conversation I got to have with Don.
Here are some highlights:
· [03:05] Fear of speaking and being in the spot light
· [06:17] Fear of getting on video and recognizing the fear
· [17:15] Adjusting to speaking in person vs virtually
· [26:40] Suggestions to listeners: Dig deep and just do it; find a mentor
· [35:05] Prepare for the future and you will be stronger