You may or may not know this, but I am a bit of a real estate junkie. Yep, how I relax at night is going through MLS to see which properties are out there, just waiting to be snatched up and turned into money making machines. Real estate is truly what brought me to where I am today, and I could not be more excited to sit down with Monick Halm from the Real Estate Investor Goddesses, to talk about my real estate journey. We talk about some lessons learned (and some were a little rough), mistakes I had to navigate through, the key to my real estate investing success, and MOST importantly, how it all translated into my true calling of helping other women live their best lives and be unstoppable.
Here are some highlights:
- [05:45] I’ve always had a passion for real estate. As I became more knowledgeable, I realized that, “All the wealthy have real estate in their portfolio”. Once the first purchase happened, it became contagious.
- [13:03] Our biggest mistake was a combination of buying condos cheap because they were cheap. It had nothing to do with the location, whether it was rentable, whether it needed renos. When doing that, buying blindly, we had no metrics. Let’s be honest, we didn’t know what we’re doing. We just do it.
- [15:27] I am most proud of investing with my spouse. I say that because it’s not easy, especially upfront when you’re both trying to figure it out.
- [15:44] I also realized when I started going to those rooms with the investors, that’s the number one question my husband and I always got asked, “How do you get your partner on board?
- [18:04] To what do you attribute your success? It’s a combination of taking risks, building partnerships and perseverance.